1 Quarry Ln, Rawlings, VA 23876
The clearest waters in the mid-Atlantic, Lake Phoenix is where Blue Octopus Scuba students become divers, and many continue on to be advanced divers, master scuba divers, technical divers, and instructors.
Blue Octopus Scuba's goto place for training. Our open water students become certified divers here. We also offer a 3 day open water course taught entirely at the lake. Nearly all our continuing and specialty courses are taught here. May through October we also offer a monthly Blue Octopus Scuba divemaster led fun dive to keep our skills fresh and enjoy the company of fellow divers.
- Great visibility
- Changing rooms with hot showers
- Covered pavilions
- Snorkeling and swimming area
- Easy walk-in lake entry
- Underwater training platforms
- Underwater attractions including Black Hawk helicopter, airplane, schoolbus, boats computer graveyard, basketball court
- Underwater fish (please observe but do not harass the resident animals)
- Campsites for tents, RVs, and cottages
- Open daily spring/summer/fall for day and night diving. Winter open on request
- On-site first aid and oxygen kits
- Air and nitrox fill station
Please remember to bring
- Bathing suit
- Any course paperwork (did you remember to e-sign our online forms?)
- Lake Phoenix online waiver (required in addition to Blue Octopus Scuba waiver)
- Food & drink or money to buy food & drink
- Camping supplies or motel reservation
- Check with your instructor for the correct time to start your adventure.